Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Found on Facebook

I joined Facebook about a year ago because I knew it might be a good way to locate old classmates for our upcoming 20 year reunion. Since then I have managed to find not only old classmates but most recently my “boyfriend” from preschool. It was called nursery school back then. PPNS – Paradise Point Nursery School. We were inseparable. My report cards all had comments on how I needed to depend less on Kenny and become my own independent person. He asked me to marry him and we were planning to honeymoon in Hawaii and Walt DisneyWorld. I moved shortly before my 6th birthday and we kept in touch through letters and postcards (I still have them!). When I was in 3rd grade Kenny and his family came through town on vacation and spent the afternoon with us. We went to see Superman and we had a “romantic” spaghetti dinner (we sat at the dining room table and ate off my mom’s good china) while everyone else ate in the kitchen. I haven’t seen Kenny since that day. My Senior year of high school his picture fell out of the family Christmas card… it was actually an ad from a newspaper he modeled for. He still made my heart flutter. We’ve never really lost touch as I’ve always had contact with his mom and she has helped me locate him numerous times over the years. We’ve chatted by phone and emailed from time to time but its been years since I’ve talked to him. But now he’s my Facebook friend. Seeing his name made my heart flutter. Oh I’m not in love with him anymore… that would be silly. Its been 30 years and that puppy love of yesteryear is just that. But you see, Kenny was my first love. And first loves are special. They leave a mark on your heart that just never goes away. And I wouldn’t want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment