Friday, July 6, 2012

My Boyfriend's Back

This is my friend Randy.  We have been friends for half my life, before both of us were married, before we both had kids.  He started out as my co-worker and quickly became my best friend, dancing partner, protector, and yes, boyfriend.  Its a term we've used for 20 years and neither of our spouses care so it doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks.  We've been through weddings, births, and even a couple of funerals together.  He goes months without calling but when we see each other again its as if no time has passed.  We've never been single at the same time but his mom swears if we ever were we'd end up together.  I beg to differ... I'm not as strong willed and stubborn as his beautiful wife Melissa and that's the kind of woman he needs.  However, I do love him unconditionally (even when he teaches my kids some choice words I'd rather they not know) and he feels the same about me.  We have had many adventures together and I hope we have at least another 30 years to make new memories.  I hate that the miles separate us but love that we make the most of our time together.


No comments:

Post a Comment