Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother-Daughter Music

I came up with this great idea to make a cd for my mom for Mother’s Day.   I had a blast googling songs about mothers and daughters and motherhood in general.  Did you know the Spice Girls had a Mom song?  It didn’t make the cd cut.  Neither did Boyz 2 Men or Tupac.   But it was nice to know they all loved their mamas enough to write a song.   Here’s my final playlist.   Maybe I’ll elaborate about some of them in later posts.

In My Life from the Providence soundtrack (not the Beatles version… Providence was “our” show)
Thanks to You – Tyler Collins (never heard before my Google search but great song)
Kind and Generous by Natalie Merchant (because she is kind and generous)
The Perfect Fan – Backstreet Boys (what can I say, its a sweet song)
Butterfly Fly Away – Miley Cyrus  (speaks to me in not only a mom way but also as the daughter)
You’re Gonna Be - Reba McEntire  (all about the hopes and dreams a mama has for her baby)
Ride- Martina McBride (because we all should ride)
Somebody’s Hero – Jamie O’Neal (because my mom is my hero of course!)
Slipping Through My Fingers – ABBA (go find my previous post about this one.. sniff sniff)
Baby Don’t You Cry (The Pie Song) from the Waitress soundtrack (perfect lullaby)
Angels – Randy Travis  (another I’d never heard before my search)
Thank You Mom – Good Charlotte (always and forever)
In My Daughter’s Eyes – Martina McBride (duh)
Ready Set Don’t Go – Billy Cyrus & Miley Cyrus  (another tearjerker – we’re sappy people)
Don’t Forget to Remember Me – Carrie Underwood
Pray for You – Sara Evans (lots of country mama songs out there)
You Can’t Lose Me – Faith Hill
The Best Day – Taylor Swift  (makes me all happy, brings back memories, and makes me sad at the same time)

I printed out all the lyrics so she’d have them to look at as she listened to the CD.  Took me hours but I know it wasn’t time wasted.    She’ll cherish it for a long time to come.  Question is, how do I top that next year??

No comments:

Post a Comment