Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Here I am!

I have one word to explain my absence from the blogging world…. motherhood! I was trying today to remember a time when I had an entire day to myself. I’m pretty sure its been at least 8 1/2 years (since my oldest was born) but for the last 2 years especially, the days just seem to be whizzing on by. I’m not complaining… not in the least. I love that my life revolves around two beautiful little girls who, at least for now, love me back, unconditionally. I know those teenage years are just around the bend for Kayla but right now I cherish our late night chats as I’m laying in her bed trying to help her fall asleep. I hate that I fall asleep too and usually don’t wake up until 4am but I wouldn’t trade our talks for anything. I’m also bleary eyed from staying up with Gracie in the middle of the night. I think she’s getting about eight teeth at once… molars. Ouch! I’d be up crying too probably. As much as I cherish sleep, there is nothing like feeling her head against my chest and knowing that these moments are fleeting.

All too soon I’ll have plenty of time to catch up on that stack of books I’ve been meaning to read. I’ll have plenty of time to chat with friends on the phone or meet them for all night dinners. I’ll have plenty of time to lounge around on the couch and watch TV until my brain is mush. Plenty of time for dates with my sweet husband. Plenty of time for just me. I have the feeling I won’t be savoring it as much as I long for it right now.

I think I’ll be bugging my girls for grandkids instead. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment