Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Sing, Sing a Song

My youngest daughter, Gracie (18 months), has recently expressed a love for three particular songs. I’ve always rocked her to sleep and we sings lullabies… well, I sing, she listens. To my surprise on Saturday night, she requested “You are My Sunshine”. Her vocabulary is of course limited but she kept saying “strashne” over and over and I noticed that when I started to sing the song, a huge grin spread across her face. I’d stop and start to sing “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” and she’d say “no, strashne”. So, all night we sang “Sunshine”. Last night, we added “tinkle” to the request list although she doesn’t let me get past the first line before she asks for “strashne” again. The third song that makes her giddy is the “Elmo’s World” theme. She does the “lalalala” and I do the rest. I love that I’m raising a musical child.

No comments:

Post a Comment